Troubleshooting CRM 4.0 System Jobs
March 19, 2009 Leave a comment
I stumbled across something I'd never noticed before in CRM 4.0 today, I suppose in retrospect it is pretty obvious, but I thought I would mention it anyway. It is pretty simply the ability to create a custom view that has error messages for your system jobs.
- Go to Settings
- Go to System Jobs
- Click on Advanced Find
- Click on Edit Columns
- Wait until this page populates, this can take a while
- Click Add Columns
- Tick "Error Code" and "Messages", and any other relevant fields if you like!
- Click "OK" to leave the Add Column View
- Click "OK" again to leave the Edit Columns View
- Click "Save As" and put in an appropriate name and click "OK"
- Exit the wizard
- Refresh your system jobs view
- Now in the views drop down your new view should be there
Now by using this view, you will be able to see the error code and the error message. Very handy!